Gartelmann Wilhelm Shiraz 2015

Abiding by Australian laws, only 85% of the grapes need to be from one area to have that on the label. In this case 86% of the grapes were grown at Denman in the Upper Hunter Valley and the remaining 14% from coming in from Mudgee.

Gartelmann, Wilhelm, Shiraz, Hunter Valley, Mudgee, 2015

 

A perfumed nose with citrus highlights, raspberry, violets, blue plum and nutty oak. Medium bodied, with a fruit forward appeal. Red licorice, plum, violets, choc nut oak influence and earthy tannins. A lighter, fresher approach from a slightly damp Hunter vintage that structurally has benefited from the input of the Mudgee fruit. Pleasant to drink now.

RRP: $28
Alc: 13.8%
Rating: 16.5/20

Wine sample courtesy of Gartelmann Wines and Define Wine

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.