It’s that time of year when Wine Tasmania, in conjunction the Tasmanian Hospitality Association‘s Annual Awards for Excellence invite the public to vote on their favourite Tasmanian venue’s wine list to award Tasmanian Wine List of the Year. Its intent is to “recognise Tasmanian businesses supporting and promoting the outstanding wines from the island”
“Venues are assessed against a range of criteria, including the representation of Tasmanian wines by the glass and bottle, the depth and scope of wines offered, the way Tasmanian wines are listed and promoted on the wine list and relevant aspects of wine service, training and knowledge,” Wine Tasmania CEO Sheralee Davies said.
It’s truly great to see “regional” restaurants being recognised with The Ugly Duck Out (on the East Coast in Swansea), and the new Twelve Stones in Pontville (which is around 30 Minutes from Hobart) being among the finalists.
The selection panel has chosen its ‘Judges’ Choice’ and the finalists are presented below:
- Ball & Chain Grill, Salamanca Place, Hobart
- Black Cow Bistro, George Street, Launceston
- Drunken Admiral, Hunter Street, Hobart
- Grape Bar & Bottleshop, Salamanca Place, Hobart
- Henry’s Restaurant, Henry Jones Art Hotel, Hunter Street, Hobart
- Mures Upper Deck, Davey Street, Hobart
- Stillwater Ritchies Mill, Launceston
- The Source Restaurant, MONA, Main Road, Berriedale
- The Terrace, Country Club Casino, Prospect Vale
- The Ugly Duck Out, Franklin Street, Swansea
- Twelve Stones Restaurant, Ford Road, Pontville
The judges’ choice and people’s choice awards will be announced at the THA Gala Evening on August 24
So please, support the Tasmanian wine industry, the Restaurant industry and the talented individuals who have worked hard and…. Vote here!!!