Dalfarras Sangiovese 2019

75% of the fruit coming from over the SA border in the Clare Valley and the remaining 25% coming from closer to Dalfarras home in the Goulburn Valley. Alister Purbrick is winemaker and his wife Rosa contributing the artworks on the labels (as well as providing her maiden name Dal Farra to its naming) with this one “Coloured Brick Wall.”

Dalfarras, Sangiovese, Clare and Goulburn Valleys, 2019

Dalfarras Sangiovese 2019

Medium garnet hue. Kitchen herbs and red fruits, deep musk, dried fig and dusty grated chocolate. Medium weighted with dusty, grippy, loose tannins and a touch of acidity for cutting through a pizza or ragu. No pretense as to intension, has its heart on its sleeve.

 RRP: $19.70
Alc: 13.5%
Rating: 17.25/20 (88/100)

Wine sample courtesy of Tahbilk

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.